Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Balance, or Lack Thereof

There has definitely been a lack of art coming from myself lately.  I'm trying to find a way to balance art with work, time with my husband, etc, and, well, I suck at it.  My attempt at balance has resulted in me doing no art for almost two weeks, except for fixing a freckle on a custom painting.  I've always been an all or nothing kind of person, but as I get older come more responsibilities, and a bigger need than ever for balance.  I wish I knew how.  Either I go to work, come home and paint til about 5am, or I do nothing, and am domestic and spending a lot of time with my husband.  I love art, and I love the domesticated things and the hubs, of course, all are important to me.  Why the heck can't I do them all then?

Maybe I need more hours in the day.  Since that isn't going to happen, I'll have to go the route of being a schedule maniac so I can make time for all of the important things for me, which means some sort of balance, and art not happening every single night, which will result in not as much new art being posted.  I hope you understand, and if you don't, well, I'm sorry, and I hope you still enjoy Paxelart anyway.  This week, this week will be the middle week, where I test out new schedules and probably suck at it.  Next week is where the magic will happen and balance will occur!

Okay, in all honestly, it's probably going to take longer than that, but, you know, positive thoughts help, and if you tell yourself something enough times it might become true?  Anyway, positive vibes would be cool, because I'm really bad at this, and I refuse to give up art, but even more, I refuse to let my relationship with my husband be damaged because of my passion.  One day I'll figure this all out, and be amazing at both.  Hopefully that day is soon.



My goodness, I love this man (^), more than the world!
          

No comments:

Post a Comment